Are you searching for a Perfect job or looking for new opportunity then myfinancenews.co.uk is best choice for you to search your dream Job.
Job Opening details:-
Company Name :- World Health Organization
Position Name :- Executive Assistant
Company Location :- New Delhi, Delhi
Job Category :- Jobs in Pune
Full Job Description :-
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): Two Years
Job Posting: Mar 25, 2022, 1:18:17 AM
Closing Date: Apr 14, 2022, 4:59:00 PM
Primary Location: India-New Delhi
Organization: SE/WHE WHO Health Emergencies Programme (WHE)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (WHE) is to build the capacity of Member States in the South-East Asia Region to manage health emergency risks and, when national capacities are overwhelmed, to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and emergencies and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations.The MGA area of WHE is responsible for effective management and administrative support for the emergencies programme and for ensuring that WHO emergency operations are rapidly and sustainably financed and staffed. This consists of the provision of high quality, predictable administrative services (i.e. HR, Finance, Work-planning, Grant Management) to the emergency programme including during emergency response as well as effective monitoring of (and compliance with) SOPs leading to continuous improvement and business process excellence.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision and guidance of MGA, the incumbent performs the following:
1. Review incoming correspondence and ensure routing to responsible officer, attaching background documents and highlighting areas requiring action; draft replies on general and administrative matters; ensure outgoing correspondence and reports conform to WHO standards; develop tracking tools to follow up target dates and deadlines
2. Create and/or maintain filing systems and ensure updated information; obtain documents and information from in-house and external sources and perform information search as required
3. Provide guidance to other staff on office procedures and WHO standards
4. Provide support in the monitoring implementation of the work plan, including timely information on budget ceiling/award budgets, monitor income and expenditure and funds available; follow up on financial/budgetary issues and ensure timely processing of committal documents; assist in the preparation of financial and technical progress reports to donors
5. Prepare contracts for consultants, Agreement for Performance (APW), Technical Services Agreements (TSA) and General External Services requests (GES); record receipt of deliverables and initiate and monitor payment
6. Initiate requisitions for goods procurement and record receipt of deliverables
Meeting Administration/Duty Travel
7. Coordinate administrative preparation for meetings, seminars, workshops, ensuring all necessary documents and travel requests are sent to participants; prepare relevant documents and power-point presentations
8. Obtain briefing and prepare background materials for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc., and ensure complete documentation is provided to the unit staff attending the meeting
9. Prepare travel requests for official travel, make flight and hotel reservations, prepare travel files and ensure logistic arrangements for smooth conduct of the meetings/workshops in the office and outside venues
10. Schedule unit meetings and prepare minutes
11. Handle visitors and telephone calls and take action as appropriate, providing background information for appointments
12. Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work
Essential: Completion of secondary school education.
Desirable: Training in secretarial practices. University degree is an asset.
Essential: At least five (5) years’ experience in secretarial/clerical/administrative work.
Desirable: Experience in WHO or in another UN/International organization would be an advantage.
Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures and practices. The incumbent keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, and WHO.
Ability to draft standard correspondence;
Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required.
Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at INR 840,160 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Disclaimer : myfinancenews.co.uk is only helping our audience to check various job listing in various companies. We have not providing any job nor taking any registration fees. We have no legal responsibility over the details mentioned on our website. candidates are requested to check company profile before joining.