Are you searching for a Perfect job or looking for new opportunity then myfinancenews.co.uk is best choice for you to search your dream Job.
Job Opening details:-
Company Name :- World Health Organization
Position Name :- Medical Officer (High Threat Pathogens – HTP)
Company Location :- New Delhi, Delhi
Job Category :- Jobs in Pune
Full Job Description :-
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): Two Years
Job Posting: Mar 28, 2022, 1:56:52 AM
Closing Date: Apr 17, 2022, 4:59:00 PM
Primary Location: India-New Delhi
Organization: SE/WHE WHO Health Emergencies Programme (WHE)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to build the capacity of Member States to manage health emergency risks and, when national capacities are overwhelmed, to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations. The IHM of WHE SEARO unit is responsible for establishing risk mitigation strategies and strengthening response capacities for high threat infectious hazards.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of PAM IHM, 2nd level supervision of the Lead/Health emergencies and overall guidance of RED, the incumbent is assigned all or part of the following responsibilities:
1. Providing technical support to develop regional and country policies, roadmaps, strategies and SoPs related to High Threat Pathogens (HTP)
2. Providing technical expertise to Member States (MS) with specific focus on Clinical management , infection prevention and control, diagnosis, curative and prevention interventions, medical counter measures related to diseases caused by HTP and other aspects together with HIM , CPI and EMO units
3. Coordinating (a) review of existing literature, (b) review of secondary data and (c) research to generate primary data to build evidence base for informed decision making in HTP
4. Engage in development of regional training curricula/ training modules and country capacity strengthening through trainings related to HTPs
5. Provide technical expertise and coordinate external technical expertise to MS on preparedness and response to Epidemics/pandemics caused by HTP including outbreak response and being deployed to MS for outbreak support, and support coordination of the appropriate regional and global expert networks including but not limited to Cholera, Nipah, Meningo-encephalitis, (eg Global Outbreak Alert and Response Network (GOARN), the Emerging Disease Clinical Assessment and Response Network (EDCARN))
6. Collaborate with the Laboratory Focal Point (PHLS and TO_LAb/IHM) to implement the regional laboratory strategy in a harmonized manner to improve detection and characterization of HTPs for prevention and control of diseases due to HTP
7. Monitoring and evaluation of activities related to HTP conducted by WHO and provide technical support to MS for M&E of HTPs
8. Assist RED/Lead-Health Emergencies/IHM in resource mobilization for HTP, efficient and effective implementation of funds, grant monitoring and report writing for HTP related grants
9. Assist and coordinate with the global programmes relevant to HTP (eg Cholera) to implement global polices and strategies and conduct Monitoring and Evaluation in SEAR MS
10. Perform other related duties including replacing and backstopping duties as assigned.
Essential: University degree in Medicine and an advanced degree (masters level or above) in Public Health/community medicine/Epidemiology related field.
Desirable: Degree or diploma or advanced training in Infectious Hazards/diseases , High Threat pathogens, Bio security, Infectious Diseases epidemiology .
Essential: At least seven years’ experience in the management of infectious diseases some of which should have been obtained including some years of international exposure.
Desirable: Experience of working with the UN and in a developing country is an advantage.
Knowledge in infectious hazards ,infectious diseases epidemiology, High Threat Pathogens, One Health, Zoonoses , Outbreak management and public Health. Proven organizational and analytical skills, together with excellent interpersonal skills. Capacity to promote and implement collaboration and exchange with partners. Proven ability to write technical documents in a clear and concise manner.
Other Skills (e.g. IT): Proficient in MS Office Software applications, data analysis and technical presentations.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 75,602 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 2249 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
Please note applications should be submitted through WHO’s online recruitment portal. Please visit www.who.int/careers to complete an online profile and to apply to this vacancy.
The written test for shortlisted candidates will be tentatively be held in week starting 9 May 22 to 13 May 22. Candidates are advised to make themselves available during that period
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
Disclaimer : myfinancenews.co.uk is only helping our audience to check various job listing in various companies. We have not providing any job nor taking any registration fees. We have no legal responsibility over the details mentioned on our website. candidates are requested to check company profile before joining.