Are you searching for a Perfect job or looking for new opportunity then myfinancenews.co.uk is best choice for you to search your dream Job.
Job Opening details:-
Company Name :- World Health Organization
Position Name :- Regional Adviser (Health Information Systems)
Company Location :- New Delhi, Delhi
Job Category :- Jobs in Pune
Full Job Description :-
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 2 YEARS
Job Posting: Apr 11, 2022, 1:04:23 AM
Closing Date: May 1, 2022, 4:59:00 PM
Primary Location: India-New Delhi
Organization: SE/HSD Department of Health Systems Development
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The goal of the Department of UHC/Health Systems & Life Course (HSD) is to support advances in Universal Health Coverage and other health related SDG targets in SEAR Member States, through providing data, evidence and actionable guidance. This includes improving the completeness, timeliness and quality of data produced from multiple sources, analyzed, interpreted, communicated and used to review progress and performance against agreed national priorities and support evidence informed action. The Health Information Systems (HIS) unit has following broad functions:
1. To reinforce WHO Country Office support to Member States in the review and improvement of their national health information and accountability platforms based on latest available tools, approaches and evidence.
2. To support Member States to coordinate and harmonize activities of multiple stakeholders related to strengthening the production, management, quality, analysis and use of data for national, regional and global reporting and better evidence informed decision making.
3. To work with colleagues within SEARO, and with other international agencies, to improve, harmonize and align their efforts to strengthen national information platforms and improve institutional data, analytics and delivery for impact capacity.
4. To promote technical cooperation between Member States as well as capacity building in Member States related to strengthening information platforms for the monitoring, evaluation and review of the national health strategies, including health situation & trend assessment.
5. To ensure the quality and consistency of data published by WHO, including routine review and validation of data and indicators from WHO and other authoritative United Nations sources in accordance with the SEARO publication policy and procedures.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the overall guidance of Director, Programme Management and direct supervision of Director, Department of UHC/Health Systems & Life Course (HSD), the incumbent will have following duties:
1. Strengthen national health information systems, and the monitoring, evaluation and review of national health policies and strategies, with focus on:
a) Using the national population and health policies and strategies as the basis for information and accountability;
b) Providing expert advice as requested to the formulation of monitoring and evaluation components of national population and health policies and strategies, including advice on indicator selection, data sources, data analysis and synthesis; data quality assessment, data communication and use;
c) Maintaining expert knowledge about, and advising on, the relevance and application of existing and new methods and tools to improve data quality and completeness, including the SCORE technical package of essential HIS strengthening interventions; to strengthen national health information systems to produce timely and reliable data, through multiple approaches including routine data from health management information systems; surveys; and Civil Registration and Vital Statistic (CRVS) systems;
d) Providing expert advice on how to conduct effective health sector performance assessments;
e) Mobilizing regional networks and resources to support national capacity building in use of data. This may include collaborating with other WHO regional offices and other international, bilateral and voluntary agencies on tools and methods for improving health data, and health sector performance assessments; assisting national authorities in identifying training needs; participating in training activities to strengthen data analytical and communication capacities of Member Countries in the Region, as well as technical units in the Regional office and WHO Country Offices;
f) Advising Director, HSD and senior management of the WHO Regional Office on opportunities, challenges progress and priorities for SEARO’s programme of work on strengthening national information and accountability platforms and associated data within SEAR.
2. Ensure quality regional and global reporting, focusing on:
a) Producing regular regional reports of progress on an agreed set of Core Health Indicators; liaising with HQ to ensure the indicators reflect global health reporting requirements including the SDG for health; are adapted as needed; that data is up to date;
b) Ensuring the quality and consistency of health data in SEARO publications and reports;
c) Contributing as needed to WHO global reports including World Health Statistics;
d) Reducing fragmentation and duplication in reporting and meeting global standards; and taking advantage of new technologies to enhance and fully maintain the Health Information Platform (HIP) for the WHO South-East Asia Region for all WHO published data, linked to the existing Global Health Observatory and next generation World Health Data Hub and Platform.
3. Carry out such duties and functions as assigned by the Director, HSD and senior management aligned with the goals and objectives of the WHO.
Essential: Advanced university degree in Health Information Sciences or computer sciences, public health statistics, or related field.
Essential: At least 10 years’ experience, including considerable experience in an international context, in the development of health information systems including data collection, validation, communication and development and use of analytical tools and methods to support evidence informed decision making.
Desirable: Experience in software development, business intelligence and GIS technology, epidemiology, health informatics and public health will be an asset.
1. Producing strategic results.
2. Ability to respond proactively to the organizational environment and provide support / solutions to Member Countries, WCOs, Technical Departments in RO, and a variety of stakeholders.
3. Ability to use key computer databases and software, apply to health data.
4. Ability to coordinate and monitor, advice, cooperate with partners and donors, capable of imparting training.
5. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-centre environment with sensitivity and respect to diverse cultures.
6. Ability to design strategies and approach issues systematically
Desirable: Experience in WHO and/or Knowledge of WHO rules and regulations and good knowledge of the working of UN and other international agencies.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 90,664 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 2697 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
Disclaimer : myfinancenews.co.uk is only helping our audience to check various job listing in various companies. We have not providing any job nor taking any registration fees. We have no legal responsibility over the details mentioned on our website. candidates are requested to check company profile before joining.